Sunday, November 29, 2009

Firefox and IE not showing images in My Yahoo. Strange address associated with images. Spyware?

When viewing My Yahoo, some of the pics don't show up in IE or Firefox, just the red x.



Load images automatically is enabled in Firefox.



Show pictures is checked in IE



When I right click on one of the images and click on show image, it shows the address as:



http://kagemusha.corp.yahoo.com/images/f...



I have reformatted my c drive, wiped it clean and reinstalled Windows. I have run Norton, Symantec, Hijack This, Ad Aware, Windows Defender, and AVG. None of them found anything exciting. I also tried plugging my cable modem directly to the computer rather than through the router.



With the kagemusha address showing up, it seems like a virus/spyware but why only on Yahoo?



I'm up for any ideas. Not a whole lot more damage I can do since I just reformatted.



Firefox and IE not showing images in My Yahoo. Strange address associated with images. Spyware?microsoft outlook





Open your Internet Explorer browser,click Tools-Internet Options-Advanced-scroll down to Multimedia and right under the "show pictures" option,theres another option "smart image dithering" check that one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers