Friday, November 27, 2009

What makes IE 7 so horrible?

I've seen a lot of questions with people wondering how to get back to IE 6, this makes me uneasy to update to it. What's so bad about IE 7?



What makes IE 7 so horrible?microsoft





G'day Tericka,



I am one of those that have "rolled back", actually did an uninstall of IE7 and my system reverted back to V6, so I expect the people that wrote it new we wouldn't like it, go figure.



Anyway, IE7 just seems way too memory and processor hungry, every page you visit loads slower.



Functional-wise not much has changed but the layout has become more graphical instead of the IE6 graphic/text layout.



I think IE7 is more geared to the high end machines and probably one of those situations where we have the new software but the machines need to evolve to run it properly.



Plain and simple, wait.



Good Luck, Rod



What makes IE 7 so horrible?microsoft access internet explorer



all you have to do is go to add and remove programs and uninstall ie7 and ie6 will be back
dont know,but it locked mine up,had to uninstall. It also had problems with yahoos search engine!!
It's a huge download. It gathers way too much personal info.



It takes a weekend to download. Although the tabbed browsing is nice, it isn't nearly as customizable as IE6. I hate it. Lots of people advised me to go with Mozilla Firefox 2. I use it at work, but for some reason it's hosing up my sound on my home computer. So, there's a bug with THAT browser to work out too!



I'll probably try to resolve problems with Firefox, as I really DO like it. It's a good browser with a lot of nice features, including the tabbed browsing. Meantime, it's IE6 for me.



Cave
Copy of Netscape. So it is not unique. And roll over mouses not working properlyu in IE. Plus it is easy to get hack with IE (pop ups, anoying blocks...)
Everything. You name it.



As a web designer, I would suggest you and everyone else find an alternate solution to IE. Namely Firefox, Opera, or Safari (Mac).



http://mozilla.com/firefox



http://opera.com



http://apple.com/safari (Mac only)
It has slowed down two of my computers, and on one of them firefox no longer works. It looks like microsoft didn't do enough testing with it. It is even worst when you try to use key woods and goes to Msn and recomends their products.
All I know is I have had many more errors,computer locking up etc since I installed it,it has been a nightmare but I'm not really great with computers so I'm almost afraid to mess with it.



AD
Microsoft is what makes it so horrible.
first off... SCREW INTERNET EXPLORER!!!!!!!!!!!



secondly.... FIREFOX IS BEST!!!!!



third... internet explorer is open to attacks and very vulnerable. ie7 may have tabs, but this also causes ie7 to be VERY slow. it takes about 8 seconds to close ie7 wen 6 took about 3. firefox just closes by the way... and it has tabs.



i do NOT EVER recomend downloading ANY internet explorer EVER.... unless you NEED microsoft updates.
IE7 is good in looks but not good in functionality eventhough it is still in BETA edition.



TABBED browsing is really horrible and it is not as fast and as easy as for MOZILLA FIREFOX. LOL Firefox lovers really hate IE7 tabbed browsing.



Microsoft did good job in changing the loook of the browser but they are not upto the extent. They look of IE7 looks more like the themes created by a third party vendor.



It is not even as fast as IE6 and it is completely unreliable.



Finally inorder to install IE7 u have to get GENUINE xp pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers