Saturday, April 24, 2010

IE and Firefox stop working after 10 minutes. If the HTML Port (80) is getting choked, what do I do?

I've had this problem on one computer. Messengers and other programs tied to the internet will continue to work, but Firefox and IE are unable to browse. I just get "page cannot be displayed". Happens 10 minutes after reboot, and is only cured by reboot (reconnecting does not fix it).



I've looked for every source of the problem and have been searching for a fix for 2 days. I've heard that port 80 can get manipulated by malware, making it impossible to use it for browsing. I can still ping with ipconfig and netstat says that I have successfully connected even though I cannot view in the browser.



How do I see what is using ports?



IE and Firefox stop working after 10 minutes. If the HTML Port (80) is getting choked, what do I do?download windows media player





Try SpyBot instead: (free open source anti-spyware)



http://www.safer-networking.org/en/downl...



Also, check your disk space. Are you running low on disk space (even if on only 1 of your drives)? It could be the cache for browsing is getting clogged due to reduced drive space. A way to test is when you are having the problem, go clear your browsing cache. If it works after that and you can load the page, then its definitely disk space. If so, you'd need to add drive space to your PC or clear out some stuff from your drives or relocate your cache to a different drive which has more space.



While you're not clicking on anything and the page is not loading, look at your network connection to the Internet. Is it blinking? If it is, then there's traffic happening when there shouldn't be. If that's the case, its probably spyware or worse, you've been hijacked.



Good luck! Let me know if you need more help on this. You can email me through Y!Answers.



IE and Firefox stop working after 10 minutes. If the HTML Port (80) is getting choked, what do I do?internet explorer update internet explorer



use a firewall like zonealarm



http://mypchelp.blogspot.com/2006/10/ess...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers